The HEROES field trials
We will evaluate the idea and technology of the HEROES platform during a 12-month field trial, starting April 2022. During the field trials, we will collect feedback from real users using the platform in various contexts. A total of 90 participants from 3 countries will participate in the field trials.
We are looking for participants for the HEROES field trials!
Join the HEROES field trials and shape the development of an innovative platform for recruiting caregivers and helpers for the elderly.
Get an overview of the field trials in our information video.
What is a field trial?
The field trials enable us to test the HEROES platform over a longer period of time and across different user groups.
As a participant, you will test the app on a mobile phone, at different times of your day, at home or elsewhere, and then fill out digital questionnaires.
We, the project team, will gain valuable insights into the usage of the app, which we can then incorporate into better layout and features.
Because it is crucial to us that the HEROES platform is user-driven, the field trials involve all types of user groups who can and should use the platform in the future.
The field trials solely focus on testing the platform and the app with end users. The trials do not involve actual job offers!
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for people who are interested in participating in our field study (period: April 2022 – March 2023) and are:
1. Potential recruiters – if you already have experience in finding suitable caregivers for (elderly) family members or your are currently looking for a caregiver for yourself and would like to share this experience with you.
2. Future candidates – you already work in the care sector and are interested in new opportunities or you do not have experience, but would like to work as a caregiver in the future. We welcome applications from both participants with formal training and also without qualifications.
3. Future reviewers – you will evaluate the video applications of candidates applying for care jobs. You should apply if you are a professional caregiver or a nurse, and you would like to share your knowledge and experience in evaluating caregivers, or if you are an older or even retired adult who would like to use your life experience to participate as an evaluator in our field study.
Benefits for participants:
2. Join a community of test participants and connect to other people about the recruiting of caregivers or supporting older people
5. Receive our heartfelt gratitude and compensation payments for your participation in the field study (in the form of vouchers for supermarkets in your area, for participants from Austria and Switzerland, and financial compensation for participants from Romania)
Voluntary participation and rights of participants:
The field study runs over 12 months and is divided into three cycles of 4 months each.
During each cycle, you will be asked to test the app on your smartphone at home and at specific times. You will then evaluate it by filling out online questionnaires. In addition, there will be 1 – 2 meetings per cycle with a small group of participants, at one of the project partners’ offices. The total effort required of you per cycle will be less than 10 hours.
We welcome participants who are available for the entire field study (3 cycles of 4 months, i.e. 12 months).
You will receive a reasonable compensation payment
> If you live in Switzerland or Austria, you will be receiving regional shopping vouchers. The total compensation payment over 12 months will be approximately between 400 – 600 EUR / CHF.
> If you live in Romania, you will receive a financial compensation.
Recruiting a trustworthy caregiver is a time-consuming and frustrating process. Families have neither the time nor the experience to choose among candidates. Care homes invest precious time in screening many candidates until they find the right ones.
The HEROES project aims to make caregiver recruitment fast, reliable and cost-effective to meet the care needs in local communities. To achieve this goal, we combine the experience of senior citizens and carers with the benefits of modern digital technologies to create a cross-age recruitment platform.
Our goal is to develop a digital platform that is accessible via a simple smartphone app and, through an intelligent matching system, offers people and organisations who are looking for suitable care workers the opportunity to find trustworthy candidates who match their preferences. On the other hand, the app helps candidates find the dream jobs that match their knowledge and experience.
This allows us to produce clear benefits for different target groups:
3. For the reviewers (elderly people and professional carers), the platform offers the possibility to review the video applications and recommend candidates, especially using their life and / or professional experience.
Field trial procedure and cycles:
Week 1 of April: Kick-off Meeting
Week 2 – 3 of April: You will test the app and provide the feedback
Week 4 of April 2022: Meeting for group discussion
Week 1 – 4 of August: You will test the app and provide the feedback
Week 1 of Sept: Meeting for group discussion
Week 1 – 4 of December: You will test the app and provide the feedback
Week 1 of January: Meeting for group discussion
Week 4 of March: Group Meeting for Field Trial Closing
Register as a field trial participant
Why not choose to use your life experience or professional expertise for recruiting a caregiver for a family? Now you have the chance to take part in the field trials and shape how families review and select the best candidates to care for their loved ones.
Because we understand that finding a trustworthy caregiver requires both time and experience, the HEROES platform connects you with caregivers and expert reviewers to help you find that perfect match! Tell us what the ideal recruitment process looks like for you!
Caring for others is something that brings joy to both people involved: you feel better by helping others live better! If you feel your calling is to help others and are ready to tell us what’s the best way for you to find your perfect care match, just join our field trials!
Project HEROES is funded by the AAL (Active and Assisted Living) Programme’s 2020 Call Challenge, project nr. AAL-2020-7-47-CP, with financial support from the European Commission and the national funding agencies of Austria (Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft – FFG), Romania (Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development, and Innovation Funding – UEFISCDI) and Switzerland (Innosuisse).
5 Star Graphics: Abstract vector created by vectorjuice – www.freepik.com | Video-Icons: Caregiver – by Nithinan Tatah from NounProject.com | Home Care – by Mint Shirt from NounProject.com | Video-Sound: https://www.bensound.com